- Advising companies on legal, regulatory and tax aspects of doing business in India
- Structuring and setting up of operations in India, including applying for and obtaining requisite approvals
- Setting up liaison, branch and project offices, and trusts in India
- Advising companies on an on-going basis on legal and regulatory issues
- Structuring, drafting and negotiating various commercial and business-related agreements including employment, consultancy, confidentiality, services, strategic alliances, distribution, franchising, marketing, teaming, joint ventures, technology licensing, reseller and consortium agreements
- Compliance with commercial laws including property laws, labour laws, etc.
- Re-structuring, mergers, capital structures, winding up and repatriation of proceeds
Nature of work
The firm’s corporate practice group has been recently involved in the following:
- Advising the Indian subsidiary of a leading Swedish auto manufacturer with regard to legal compliance related matters; routine legal documentation and support to the business team of the company with respect to commercial transactions; homologation compliances; and FEMA and external commercial borrowing related matters.
- Advising ICT companies by providing commercial transaction support to the sales team of the company, advise with regard to their routine legal documentation which included drafting / vetting of service agreements with global customers, IT services agreement, non-disclosure agreements, employment contracts and bank guarantees; legal opinion pertaining to employment matters; and advise pertaining to consumer disputes.
- Advising various studios and media houses with respect to their key commercial transactions (such as agreements with directors, artists, writers, various service providers, content providers etc.), negotiating and documenting various business relationships with third parties, employment matters and intellectual property matters