- Advising domestic and foreign clients in setting up joint ventures in India or overseas
- Advising clients on the requisite approvals including from the Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB), Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and other sector specific regulators
- Conducting a due diligence on the partners and drafting of requisite agreements including shareholder / joint venture agreements, share purchase agreements, technology transfer agreements and technical cooperation agreements
- Advising on issues relating to corporate governance
- Advising on exit strategies and assisting in implementation of these strategies
Nature of work
The corporate practice group at Palladium-Partners’ has been recently involved in the following:
- Advised a leading Italian company engaged in the manufacture of oils, greases, lubricants, galvanizing materials and related chemicals with respect to its joint venture with an Indian partner.
- Advised a UK Company engaged in the manufacture and sale of footwear with respect to its joint venture with an Indian partner engaged in the manufacture of footwear, footwear components and leather goods. The scope of work mainly included setting up of the joint venture company in India, advice pertaining to external commercial borrowings, drafting of joint venture agreement, drafting of loan agreements.
- Advised a leading Indian water and wastewater treatment solutions provider company in its strategic collaboration with a Canadian water treatment company.