The Firm represents numerous foreign and Indian banks and financial institutions in disputes before the Debt Recovery Tribunal and the Debt Recovery Appellate Tribunal. The members of the Firm regularly advise on the matters pertaining to insolvency and bankruptcy, and represent clients before the National Company Law Tribunals; and the National Company Law Appellate Tribunal.
The members of the firm have been recently involved in the following:
- In the matter of unfair trade practice in the futures and options segment of derivatives market wherein the firm represented the traders before the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India in an appeal by the Securities and Exchange Board of India.
- Advising one of the leading commercial banks of UAE, headquartered in Dubai, with respect to the entire strategy and process pertaining to litigation for the recovery of its debts from various erstwhile customers who are outside the jurisdiction of UAE, and are currently in India. Also advising various body corporates and individuals with respect to the entire strategy and process pertaining to litigation for the recovery of their respective debts from various erstwhile customers who are currently in India.
- Advising various entities and financial institutions with respect to insolvency and bankruptcy matters; and regularly representing them before various National Company Law Tribunals and the National Company Law Appellate Tribunal.
- In a matter pertaining to a dispute initiated by a shareholder of an Indian company (having foreign investment and engaged in business of providing mobile data solutions and messaging products) with respect to the inferior rights provided to such shareholder in the shareholders’ agreement entered pursuant to a subsequent round of funding into the company. The team was involved in drafting of rejoinder to the company petition of the disputing shareholder and representing the client before the Hon’ble Delhi High Court.
- In a matter pertaining to a dispute raised by a minority shareholder pertaining to oppression and mismanagement of a company engaged in business of wholesale trading of branded fashion goods and accessories and providing back end services to e-commerce retail companies in India. The firm represented the client before the Company Law Board.
- The members of the firm regularly represent various telecom service providers before the Telecom Disputes Settlement and Appellate Tribunal against Department of Telecommunications (“MCIT”) for reduction and release of performance and financial bank guarantees contained in the Unified Access Service License (“UASL”) executed between the MCIT and the Service Provider in respect of the various telecom service areas.
- In a matter pertaining to abuse of dominant position wherein the firm represen The firm is widely engaged by various clients in civil and corporate commercial litigation including the matters pertaining to the aspects of securities laws, the Companies Act, consumer disputes, insolvency matters, competition law and telecom laws.